Rice and Beans 2
This is how a huge proportion of the world lives. I thought it might be a good idea to experience it just for a week... 25g oats, 25g rice, 25g beans/day
So here are my realisations.
· when you have next to no food, you count every grain into your pan, and out of it. you don't waste a thing. i was using my allocated grammes to the max!
· you have this longing for the next feeding time and the need for self-discipline
· you have to plan your day much better to allow for food stops rather being able to eat on the run
· you have very little energy. simple tasks become hard work.
· it can be socially embarassing to not be eating much or only drinking water
· when your guts don't feel great, none of you feels great
· much of my shopping is tied to eating
· I am a comfort eater
· I am wearing more layers
· I am more thankful for food
· I am realising how much of my eating is habit rather than necessity
- when one aspect of your life is less "sorted" it can actually make you less of a control freak about the other bits too.... perspective arriving...
· that this may be a 5 day experiment for me, but this is every day for about a billion people or more in our world.
Andy Flannagan, 02/03/2012